FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:42 am
exbayern

More proof that those medically unable to use AIT are still being treated as optouts. Sorry to hear your story.

And from a breast cancer forum another medical horror story

She is also a stage 3 gal who had a bmx with no recon. She does wear her proths everywhere. When she flew yesterday, she told the TSA folks about her bc dx and treatments and told them she didn't want any additional radiation. Soooo, they put her through the patdown. She was taken into a private room and after the agent did her thing, she then told my friend she was going to have to "take a peek" at her chest!! She told my friend to raise her shirt and unhook her bra. My friend was in tears and said she felt humiliated.
http://community.breastcancer.org/fo.../757010?page=2

From another poster there
There I was given one of the new "enhanced" pat downs, with lots of attention paid to my breasts--I felt extremely exposed, and people were staring at me curiously. I finally figured out what was going on, and asked if this was because of my breast prosthesis. They then called a supervisor, who took at least 15 minutes to arrive--and I was taken to a private room, and after another invasive pat down, and asked to show my prosthesis. I should have whipped it out, and put it in her hand, but instead I just unbottoned my blouse and showed her the edge. They acted as if they'd never encountered this situation, which I find hard to believe. All in all, the whole process, with delays in mustering personnel, took nearly an hour--I could easily have missed my plane.

Last edited by exbayern; Nov 23, 2010 at 12:47 am