FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VIP 03 Awards
Thread: VIP 03 Awards
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:26 am
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
They are fuly transferable and useable by anybody on any flight that has upgrade space availibility. They could be only used on AA metal, but they are good sytem wide.

Make sure you know your friends basic info, such as name, address and phone number as it has been reported that some AA TA's did ask these questions during check-in when they suspected that the certs have been sold/bought on e-bay or something similar.

</font>

The name and address of the EXP memeber is on the front of the certificate. So why would the TA ask for information that is on the certificate. As for phone number, who would remeber someone's phone number.

As I have been using VIP upgrades for years now (some are mine others were gotten from other sources) I have never been asked for this information and an TA has never questioned the certificate. Truth be told, they don't care. In fact in many instances the TA takes the cert and puts it on the side, I suspect that they later give them to their friends or put them up for auction.