FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No visa for you -- Official US visa refusal rates for 2010, sorted by country
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:25 am
CaptainMiles

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by König
Did you notice that the high rate of refusals for B-type visas (B-1 and B-2) are from the countries that generally have visa-free agreement with the USA? The citizens of those countries should not even be required to apply for a B visa... unless they either have some criminal history or negative encounters with the US immigration officials in the past. That is why the rate is so high.
They need a visa if they intend to stay more than 3 (but less than 6) months as a tourist of business visitor.

Numbers that surprised me:
  • unknown nationality or stateless: 57.6% approved. I am surprised by the high approval rate
  • Mexico: 11.1% denial. That's all? I would have imagined much higher denial rate, with many more unqualified applicants. I guess the unqualified don't even bother to apply.
  • North Korea: 23.3%. The smallest denominator that would give 23.3% is 30 (7/30). Wow, that many North Koreans applying? 30 applicants!
  • Vatican City: 14.3% denial. (1 in 7). The Holy See web site says there are only 557 Vatican citizens (2005 numbers). At least 7 of those applied for B visas? B??? And 1 got denied? I am surprised.