Old Nov 19, 10, 3:10 pm
Canibus

Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Argonaut:

Wow, thanks so much for that fantastic suggestion. I have made a reservation and put this booking on hold till tomorrow.

Believe it or not, the fare each way from Victoria to Shanghai is $270 (two hundred and seventy dollars) before the taxes - heck, it would cost me more than that to fly from Victoria up to the north end of Vancouver Island!

How do you determine the mileage accumulated on this voyage? That might sound like a dumb question coming from me (I am an aircraft pilot by profession... ) - when I entered the route into normal flight planning software, it shows 4909 nautical miles between Victoria and China. That's 9818 nautical miles round trip, plus (I presume) 500 miles each way from Victoria to Vancouver, making a total of 10818 miles for the voyage. You wrote that it was 12,230 miles - how can I make a similar calculation? Are Aeroplan miles statute miles, rather than nautical miles?

Michael
Just google great circle mapper and use the first result, I find the tool pretty accurate. 5615 miles one way YVR-PVG. 5615 X 2 = 11230 + 500 X 2 (YYJ-YVR) = 12230.

Did you use the discount code?