FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has CW food been knowingly taken downmarket?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 5:21 pm
Traveloguy

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm not saying it hasn't declined....Like most airlines I imagine the J food budget has been cut and the quality probably reflects this.. Qantas and Lufthansa J food was woeful in my experience.

J food is just economy food plated up.
Glad to hear that you have managed to make up your mind on two data points.

The point is that should you compare BA food with other carrier's offering in similar cabins, it is rubbish at best. I'm well aware of what both LH and QF offer in their J cabins, and I consider BA inferior to both.

BA used to have some decent offerings. Since the big catering dispute, this appears to no longer be the case in all cabins. If WW, wants to bring back the magic of the premium carriers, and if he wants to have any chance of getting the airline back up there even in the dreaded SkyTrax ratings, he will need to improve catering.

If I had a magic wand to improve BA, I would probably target the following three core deficiencies.

1. Catering - quality in premium cabins and lack in Y

2. Ground staff (especially when things go wrong, I'm thinking of ticketing in particular)

3. Telephone experience - lack of 24 hours and general rubbish service

In general, what BA does right are both lounges and seats. MMB is also fantastic, but the rest of the website has lots of gremlins.