FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bargain Rimowas (and other Luggage) from Germany
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:41 pm
dko3tgk

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
finally bought a Rimowa Topas

After a year of waiting I finally bought a Rimowa Topas. The 70cm 2 wheel model. Without this sub-forum, and star member Till, I would have never known it was possible to get a Rimowa for $600's instead of $1000's.

I tried koffer-direkt first. They have a 6% sale, and if you sign up for the newsletter you get 5 Euro discount. Came out to 470.76 Euro total
However German language aside, I could not complete the transaction. I kept getting errors messages when trying to pay by credit card (my most valuable Schwab Visa). Then I tried PayPal and I got a different error. I emailed Koffer Direkt they said they have been having fraud issues and have a credit card security system in place that probably doesn't work with my US credit card. They said that I should try bank transfer. I was frustrated at this point and went to Koffer 24

Koffer 24 has an English website. I purchased it very quickly and easy using my credit card (awesome Schwab Visa), and it came out to 502.94 Euro. But it was so hassle free, I dont' mind paying slightly more.

Converted to dollars I paid $43 more with Koffer24, but at least the online purchase experience is easy.

Now I can't wait to use it.