FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seabourn Mediterranean questions
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2010, 2:39 pm
ijkh

Programs: AS MVPG,
Cool Seabourn Mediterranean questions

We have sailed in the past with Princess and then Crystal. The plan now is to try Seabourn this summer in conjunction with a trip to Europe. We want to go for a week from Monte Carlo visiting Sardina and Corsica.

1. We will get the Amex Plat Travel Bonus for $300
Can we also use the coupon that is available "out there" for first time sailors from past sailors for an additional $400 credit or is it only up to $400

2. It covers alcohol yes but can anyone tell me what sort of scotch is the house brand that is "free"? I understand you can up grade brands for a fee but don't want to. We just want to know the quality of the "free" spirits and wines

3. How much do the excursions run? What sort of free excursion do they offer in your experience? We often prefer to just do our own thing. Does Searbourn offer a free bus into town from the port like Crystal?

4. Are there any extra charges beyond what is posted as the price on their site?

5. Has anyone used their airfare? Is it a pain in the rear? I don't plan to use miles on this trip at this point. Maybe?

I will also ask over at cruise critic. They are just a little too quick to love or hate stuff over there. FT ers tend to offer more balanced reporting