FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSO saying "heads up, got a cutie for you"
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:24 pm
IslandBased

Originally Posted by PTravel
Outrageous!

I hope the Skywest captain goes further than just taking it up with his airline. I have to think about this, but I suspect there may even be a criminal aspect to the TSO's behavior. The sole legal purpose of the checkpoint security inspection is to assure that weapons, explosives and incendiaries do not pass into the sterile area. If these TSOs are using the NOS for their own amusement and sexual gratification, they are acting outside the very narrow limits of the administrative search (and certainly outside the scope of their employment). If it had been me, I think I would have called over a LEO and pressed charges. And then called the media. And then my congressperson and senator.
This could turn out to be an systemic problem with AIT, and potentially, its downfall, at least in its current incarnation. They will probably have to get rid of the human observed graphic display, and go to some computer image reading system that flags abnormalities. While it won't solve the backscatter radiation issue, it would resolve the observation issues.