FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades during the transition from paper to electronic
Old Nov 10, 10, 7:07 am
jmolony

Programs: AC SE
Upgrades during the transition from paper to electronic

I will cross a threshhold on November 28 which will get me to a threshold level that bestows on me two highly valued SSWU. I have booked aflight to Asia on January 1 - early start on 2012 status - which I would hope to upgrade. Right now the flight shows J9/C9/Z9/R7 on a 777.

Simply I am looking for confirnation the the twopaper certificates procesed as that are now and will be in my possession by the end of December

The release announcing e-upgrade is not very helpful and unclear - or it is crystal clear (eUpgrades start on March 1 - depending how your read it .

What concerns me the most are the two references to December but then goes on to say that papaer certificates are required for ugrades until the end of February. Or is this for upgrades made before your eupgrade bank was opened?

"Starting in December, you will be able to manage and use your eUpgrade Credits for travel on any Air Canada or Jazz® flight as of March 1, 2011. You'll even be able to share your eUpgrade Credits with other travellers. And no matter how you completed your booking, you can request upgrades to Executive Class® or Executive First® on aircanada.com. We will announce all the details when we unveil our 2011 Air Canada Top Tier Program in a few week's time.

In the meantime, your current paper certificates will remain valid until February 28, 2011. Should you have a confirmed upgrade for travel prior to this date, you will need to present a valid Air Canada Top Tier upgrade certificate at the airport.
Starting in December, you will be able to manage and use your eUpgrade Credits for travel on any Air Canada or Jazz® flight as of March 1, 2011."

I have booked the best seats in Y, but I hope to be able to upgrade.

Any input would be appreciated.