FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Liability w/new TSA Screening Procedures
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:32 am
neko

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Originally Posted by rzsionak

This TSA change is new enough that HRs probably haven't had a chance to digest it, but if this TSA procedure becomes SOP I can see all kinds of problems down the line for our company and any other business that has employees travelling. I know personally if I have to go through that patdown most every time I get on an airplane, I'm seriously going to reconsider how and when I travel.
Already being discussed on another thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15098773-post70.html

If women are significantly more affected than men (it has been reported that wearing a skirt is grounds for 'enhance patdown' and that women have been told that they will face long waits for female staff) then 'disparate impact' also becomes an issue.

Long term, I think it would be very sad if enough young women and teens have (or their friends have) such bad experiences that flying just becomes something to be endured when absolutely necessary -- and this influences their choice of college and profession. Stanford...yeah, but I'd have to fly like four times a year, yuck... Field hydrological engineer, omg none of my friends wants to do that...travel, ick