FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Liability w/new TSA Screening Procedures
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:13 pm
eyecue

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by rzsionak
I travel about 2 times per month and have had the enhanced patdowns twice in the past few weeks that involve innappropriate touching that would be perceived by most as sexual assualt. Outside the security area, what was done would be a jailable offense.

I work for a small company and manage a large program with numerous employees, some of whom have to travel for work. My concern is that since employees are on the clock while travelling and the patdowns could be a tramatic experience, our company may be liable or have to make accomodations to correct the hostile work environment. To me this is no different than having an employee working at a client site where harassment is going on. If we don't correct the situation, we can be sued.

This TSA change is new enough that HRs probably haven't had a chance to digest it, but if this TSA procedure becomes SOP I can see all kinds of problems down the line for our company and any other business that has employees travelling. I know personally if I have to go through that patdown most every time I get on an airplane, I'm seriously going to reconsider how and when I travel.
In your example, The airport is outside the scope of the control of the employer.