FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:48 pm
Savvy Traveler
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Originally Posted by essxjay
Whether to fly at all under current conditions is an interesting calculus for each of us and ultimately colors our response to the tightening of security screws. I'd like to think I'm beyond the TSA's influence by taking alternative modes of transportation (Amtrak, SeaPort Air) but I'm sure others see it as backing down from the fight, ergo, being successfully trained or converted into another kind of sheeple. :shrug:
I'm of two minds about this myself. I'm finally starting to do what I've always wanted work-wise and do some road warrior projects. But the timing couldn't be worse, as I suspect what has happened so far is merely prelude to a future announcement that opt-outs for non-medical reasons are no longer allowed.

Remember how we used to be able to decline to show our ID and still get through?

The TSA is full of lies, and the only reason these aren't already mandatory is because they don't have enough of them.

We are the frog in the pot, and it is starting to get warm.