FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TIP: Anyone Can Buy and Use the UK 14 Day and UK 21 Day Ultimate Ticket
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:34 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Well, call me crazy, but you could always just buy a legitimate ticket from Disney and not have to worry about whether your treading the fine line of legality and ethics (while saving you a few bucks) will result in big headaches on what is presumably supposed to be a relaxing vacation.

If you're planning a 3-week vacation to Orlando but the $700 additional that annual passes would cost put you "out of the market", then I think you're vacationing in the wrong place (or for too long).
Buying from authorized resellers licensed by Disney is above reproach IMO. Besides the 21 day ticket is $8 more than the 10 day ticket.. so does everyone who buy a 10 day ticket should buy an annual pass as you suggest?

It has crossed my mind to buy one annual pass out of the group as an after thought. There is a reason why so many of the 10 day passes are sold, and for 11 days more and $8, I believe there is a market for these passes. But, you're right it is a consideration.. if I went for a month and just wanted to do Disney, your suggestion would be a slam dunk. 3 weeks exclusive Disney is lots.. a month might be a bit overkill without seeing other theme parks. Besides with the 3 week pass, we are planning to see other attractions during the stay.. the three week pass, price just makes it that much more flexible to hit up Disney when its down time, and enjoy Disney at Peak Season as well.

Scouring the internet, there appears no available way to check out tickets. I've got 3 2 day passes I would like to see are still legitimate.. but looks like the comments throughout the internet seems like there's no way to check except onsite at Guest Services. Disney should have some sort of verification method provided available for all guests IMHO.