FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I need 6,546 Q miles to complete my PLAT challenge?
Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:21 pm
andrzej
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyer121:
I need help completeting my PLAT challenge and need 6,546. I would like to do a 1 day or red I mileage run out of PBI, FLL or MIA. I would also like to stay within the U.S and not spend a ton. Thank you all for your help.

</font>
IF you do need 6500 Q-miles, which would mean around 3250 Q-points, here us a suggestion. This will run you around $450, but besides the miles (about 7000 total) you will get a free ticket out of this deal. Do a morning flight out from MIA-JFK with a return on next morning from JFK-MIA. This tix should ne around $200-225. Do another tix from JFK-LAX on the same afternoon as the morning flight from MIA. and same day return (a red-eye) from LAX-JFK, which will put you in JFK early following morning to catch your return home to MIA. This should also run about $200-225 maybe few $ more. Try going out on Saturday morning with a return on Sunday morning. You will complete your challenge and get a system wide free ticket! Make sure all these flight are non-stop direct flights as that's a very important part of the free ticket offer. Go to AA.COM to register for this promo as well as get the rest of the story.

NOW, if you were mistaken and you actually need 6500 q-points on cheap fares, then you are looking at 13000 miles which IMHO would be imposiible to do in one day even with a red-eye thrown in.