FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontenac U/G possibilities?
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:07 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
I got a GRGD for the 19th for two nights at the Frontenac. Paid $129 for a 2 dbl room. I did this fully intending to use a suite UG cert to get one of their studio rooms, I did not realise that this was not allowed. SO I am now stuck with a very small room for two adults and two teens!

WHat do you more experienced folk think the chances of asking to pay a supplement to UG to a studio room are? I of course would be polite and understanding of any response. BUt if you think there is simply no chance I won't even bother them with the request.
Generally the answer is no. GRGD rates are non-changable / non-refundable / non-upgradable.

If you have status and/or stay at Fairmont properties regularly, they may allow you to pay up to the best available rate and use your upgrade cert, not likely to happen, but more likely than with other hotel chains.
(I´ve been lucky with some hotels in the past allowing me to change the date of a non-refundable rate by 1 day or another hotel didn´t charge my for the first night when my flight was cancelled and informed the hotel 2h before check-in time; nothing I would ever expect, but it certainly increased my loyalty)

Otherwise I´d just recommend booking a second room for your teen children.