FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:16 pm
rae.tee

Connection 2E to 2B staying airside?

Hi,
I'm travelling NCL-CDG-MSQ on Tuesday, arriving at CDG 0915 at 2E (the AF NCL flight always parks a way away and you get bussed in), departing 1120 Belavia from 2B.
Unfortunately my two flights are not linked at all (getting them on one ticket was about 4x more expensive), so if I check any baggage in I'd have to retrieve it and recheck it.
I could get away with hand baggage only on the first leg, as AF let you have a handbag/laptop in addition to a carry-on bag, but probably would have to check the larger one in for the Belavia flight as their policy is stricter.
So I was thinking of keeping the larger bag with me for the first leg, so I don't have to wait to retrieve it, and then checking it in for the second leg. But I guess that means going landside and going through security and passport control again, am I right?
If I were hand baggage all the way I think I could stay airside all the way from 2E to 2B and bypass security (as my origin and destination are both non-Schengen), but is there any way I could stay airside but still check the larger bag in for the second flight?
Anyone know what happens if you turn up at a gate with more handluggage than you're allowed? Do they take it off you and put it in the hold, or charge you extra, or ??? I honestly haven't a clue.
Thanks!
Rae