FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Q-points Dis-AAdvantage?
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2004, 7:18 am
KIR@GCM

New Q-points Dis-AAdvantage?

I came close to maintaining my EXP status last year with the retroactive Q point programme but will drop to PLT in March as I was several thousand points shy of the magic 100k. However, after reviewing my upcoming Q1+Q2 travel plans, it looks I will reach EXP by mid-June, thanks to full-fare/business fare q-points changing from 1x/1.25x to 1.5x.

Now from the intel that I have read here on FT, the timing of any elite status milestone is crucial in determing whether you qualify for a one or a one-and-a-half year membership. It is my understanding that if you achieve any elite status before July, then the membership year runs until the following February. However, if it is achieved in July or later, then the membership year runs much throughout the following year until the February after.

The question arises: should my qualifying June travel be done "anonymously" in terms of NOT providing AA with my aadvantage # and waiting until July and request retroactive credit, thereby achieving EXP in July instead of June?