FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:44 am
Silver Fox
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I was booking a flight to LHR and had the choice of routing through ORD or IAD; one of the IAD-LHR options had the new seatmap loaded and NC space available. It's far enough out that the likelihood of having new seats is pretty high considering how far along the refits will be, but I ended up booking through ORD to guarantee lie-flat on the 767 and not have to worry about it.
Smart move. And now mine has changed again and it looks like I have no seat assigned now either through united.com or .co.uk ! I am not amused by this.

Not only am I not amused but I am now in middle seats if I am lucky. No-one seems to know what is happening, if this goes pear shaped tomorrow it will be hard for me to fly United again even though I have 1K status. All seems to be under airport control at T-31 and the consensus from India and the USA is that nothing can be done. Great start to my day. I wish this rant was over. Note sent to Mr. Tilton (with no expectations of a reply).

And it gets so much better - despite being allocated by the agent a seat in E+ (24F, profile says "aisle", nice eh?) I go to online check-in to find that the retarded system (human or otherwise I know and care not) has placed me in 32J).

And I am still waiting for a call from the supervisor in India and am up to 5.5 hours now. Jolly well done United. As long as this is the case with the "conversion" I think the conversion I will be making is to another airline, in fact I just booked Virgin for my next couple of flights in 2010 (this flight will get me 1K status) and will think about my options for 2011 and whether to vote with my wallet.

Last edited by Silver Fox; Nov 5, 2010 at 7:33 am