FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:42 am
GibSpmuh

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Just got back from a Pointbreaks stay at HI Kandooma and had a great time. Was upgraded to a Sea View Beach House which came as quite a pleasant surprise. The resort was running near 100% occupancy apparently - not that you'd know it, didn't feel particuarly crowded at all.

Found the staff to be pretty much universally friendly and helpful. Mostly ate at the Poolside Cafe or in the room - was great to sit on the balcony of the room and look out over the ocean. You can order anything from the Poolside Cafe as takeaway or for delivery, not just the limited options listed in the room service menu. Most of the dishes were surprisingly tasty and reasonably priced as well. The breakfast buffet on the otherhand was fairly average, wasn't exactly rushing to get out of bed to make it there.

As others have mentioned, there's free wi-fi throughout the island and the speed can be somewhat variable. But for looking after the essentials it was handy. Lots of other nice touches as well, like the oranges in the room each morning to make juice and bountiful bottles of water on offer as well.

For a Pointbreaks stay I don't think I could ask for better and I'd certainly contemplate a return on a paid stay (and no hesitation at 15k per night at the normal points rate either).