FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip interruption experience - CIBC Aerogold Infinite Visa
Old Nov 1, 2010, 4:26 pm
Yukonprince

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by payam81
Prince:

What documents did you have to send in as proof? And was everything handled through email or did you have to call in first?

I just wanna have a clue so as to be ready if I ever come across a situation like this.

Glad you didn't have to write-off the losses!
This is how I claimed:

... Called Visa who gave me the Claims phone number at Global insurance

... Called the Global Claims line on a Saturday afternoon

... Claim was opened, some details taken and I was given a claims number

... Global emailed the claim forms I had to fill out

... Claim form was easy to fill out

... I provided proof of my hospital stay (letter from the hospital I was a patient), my Aeroplan itinerary and the return YUL - YFC trip itinerary

... For each item claimed I provided: 1) Proof I booked the hotel including amount prepaid and highlighted where it said reservation was non refundable 2) I went online and printed the Visa statement line to prove I had paid by Visa and attached it to each item claimed 3) Ditto for the additional fees and taxes I had to pay for the YUL - YFC segment

... I tried to claim the $90 AP rebooking fee but it was disallowed

...Took 10 days to get my cheque once I submitted the claim

NOTE: All my hotels obtained through bidding on Priceline and non refundable. I was worried they would not pay for these however they did.

PS: I asked (unrelated) how one could prove when flights are delayed or cancelled - just take a photo of the TV screen showing delay or cancellation.