FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Space+ Gone on 767-300 on Trans-Tasman - miserable!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:56 pm
NZ*Trout

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by AN_Boy
Curious - we seem to have a few people complaining about the seat pitch - I dont recall this many compalints when this config was online a few years ago???? Why is it worse now.
Because AirNZ offered a great economy product for HVP with space+ and we've all become accustomed to it now. For me - and I'm sure many others here - it was a serious product differentiator.

I hope they've some good economists. Making sense of the results of all the changes is going to be a difficult task given the number of variables that have been modified!

I'm already booking less on NZ (due to the still real/perceived uncertainties more than anything) - maybe not a huge loss given I'm always in cabbage - but more importantly, I'm no longer a fanatical supporter of AirNZ. Given the amount of time I spend on planes and the line of business I'm in there's a serious revenue multiplier that's disappearing there. Again I suspect I'm not alone in this regard. There's a whole bunch of indirect goodwill and revenue that the recent TT changes (and possibly Rico) are no doubt reducing which is important yet difficult to quantify.

I'm sure AirNZ execs aren't naive, and that they've factored as best they can all this into their models. It will be interesting to see how it pans out for both AirNZ and her competitors.