FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip interruption experience - CIBC Aerogold Infinite Visa
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:51 am
Yukonprince

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Trip interruption experience - CIBC Aerogold Infinite Visa

Last September 13 I started my mini RTW in F trip in Fredericton. I had a full day stop over in Montreal so took the $7 "747 city bus" into town for some sightseeing. It started to rain so I ducked into the St Catherine Street underground mall. There must have been some water on the floor and I went head over heels on my back. To cut a long story short I was unable to move and spent two days in hospital and had to cancel the rest of my trip.

I had booked some hotel rooms in Bangkok, Amsterdam and Zurich through "bidding" on Priceline. These hotel rooms were non refundable if not used. I had to pay $138 for the ambulance as well as taxes and fees on my points ticket back to Fredericton plus the $90 Aeroplan change fee to rebook my RTW trip.

I mailed all my expenses to the CIBC Visa (Global) insurance company in Montreal on October 21 and today received my refund cheque for $1,212.29 - everything I claimed for except the $90 + HST Aeroplan change fee to rebook my trip.

Pretty impressive customer service!