FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Oct 31, 2010, 5:09 am
travelmbs

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
First Question answered! Next?

Thank you all for answering my question of earning points vs miles. It seems like a full time job just to keep track of the promotions, but apparently worth the effort.

pshuang, According to my tracking spreadsheet (which I keep updated sadly because so many Hyatt hotel stays fail to post properly), my earnings for 2010 with 40+ stays and 100+ nights are: 104,460 Gold Passport points; 100,000 United Airlines Mileage Plus miles; and 48,500 American Airlines AAdvantage miles. Not a bad haul....

No kidding! Good for you. Next question, if I pay attention to the Hyatt forum and my hyatt account, will I be able to manage to to make the most of this program - of which I am already a huge fan? Or is there more work involved (besides the self tracking as mentioned)? I have noticed that I don't use the promo codes when booking, and that has to change.
So I guess I am asking for tips you use to stay up to date. And keeping track of all of the codes. Obviously, you are not just travelers (or most of you) so this has to fit into your incredibly busy schedules.
Now I am going to look to the other forums for more of these topics! This is so helpful, thank you.