FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Use the lavatory in your ticketed cabin only (merged)
Old Oct 30, 2010, 5:20 pm
sluggoaafa

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by MrClean
Someone just showed me an email from AA customer service. He had complained about people herding up from Y to use J lav on an international flight. The customer service email informed him that this was a change in policy and they were sorry he was dissapointed by it or something to that effect. The email was clear that main cabin passengers can now use Business/First lav when necessary.

I found it hard to believe, because I had just been shooed from Y to use my own lav in J on an international flight.
On Flight operating domestically and on flights departing from the U.S., customers may use the lavatory in any cabin.

On International flights returning to the U.S. from non-U.S. locations, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires airlines to direct customers to use lavatories in their ticketed class of service. This directive applies to the use of lavatories only and is not meant to restrict the movement of passengers between cabins for other reasons (families/coworkers)

Hope this clarifies any confusion