FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YWG Four Points, Winnipeg, Manitoba [Master Thread]
Old Oct 28, 2010, 2:06 pm
dmgt

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
Priority Check-in

I have stayed at this property on a number of occasions and generally have had positive experiences.

Last night arrived at the property later in the evening. Large line up to check in and a very busy lobby. I made my way to area that has a sign for gold and platinum members. After the front desk person was finished with another guest, I asked if I could have assistance. He abruptly advised that there is no preference for any guests and told me to go to the back of the line. He then turned to the guest in the regular line and apologized for my interruption and said we don't give preference here.

At this point I asked him why they had a designated line up if it is not to be used. He stated "Starwood makes us have the sign but we don't staff it of give any preference to starwood guests" I suggested that as they have a sign then he should honor it. He then again apologized to a guest inline for my expectations and checked me in making it clear that this property won't do this.

The next morning I spoke to the front office manager who was very polite, apologized for how the situation was handled, but also advised they have the sign because they have to but don't staff it as they can't when it is busy. I pointed out the value of this line up is when the property is busy. I suggested they either remove the sign or place another sign in the area saying the priority line is closed. I pointed out that I have been at other properties that have closed the line at certain times (Sheraton Gateway, Toronto) He indicated this made sense and he would discuss this with the general manager.

While I would not normally purse this, I felt being treated abruptly and from my perspective rudely in front of other guests was inappropriate. I also felt that creating expectations by having a posted designated area for frequent guests is not a good practice if it is not in use.

I will stay at this property again in the future, and while I post this, I again say that generally my experience at this location has been positive.