FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Future Inventory-AC & AE release dates different?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:04 am
fin 645

Programs: *G
Future Inventory-AC & AE release dates different?

I have been monitoring release dates for future inventory on the AE website and happened to try the same dates on the AC site. AE appears to be 2 days ahead of AC, ie, today AE is at Oct 15, 2011, and AC is at Oct 13. I have been doing this in preparation for trying to make a booking on a popular route (SYD), but I am wondering what date they are really using. A call to an agent was not much help - I was actually told that there was no flight 33 on Oct 15, and the agent refused to say exactly when inventory is released.

Adding to the uncertainty is that, on the dates already released, AE will show J availability, but if I try to proceed to book, I get the message that "We are very sorry but the flight just sold out. We’re sorry, but due to real-time availability, the number of seats you requested is no longer available on the flights you selected." The trouble is that this happens all the time, so the display is anything but real time.