FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yotel - LHR T4
Thread: Yotel - LHR T4
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:35 pm
TomCayman

Programs: AA 3MM
Quick review of Yotel, stayed in standard cabin on Oct 12th

In summary, it does the trick very nicely. For me, I arrived LHR off the last flight from EDI (BA to T5) around 10pm, then had to be at T3 for AA check in around 6:30am the next morning, so just needed somewhere to crash.

Bed was comfortable (and long enough, I am 6'3"), linens clean and crisp, wifi worked, shower in the morning was great.

A few niggles, but only a few :
- first, their post stay survey doesn't work with Chrome.. couldn't be bothered to try in another browser, sorry Yotel
- in general looks quite tired. The space age white plastic airline cabin type design is great, but shows wear.
- individual cabin temperature control would be a big plus, not everybody likes an identical temperature (it was a little too warm for me)
- don't try staying in a standard cabin with two people (not that I did, but have seen it mentioned!). Even if you like a 1m wide bed (cosy!), there is absolutely no room for two people to move around in the cabin.

Now, on transfers from T5 to T4, had not tried it before, but was advised to try the bus. At that time of night they run roughly every 20-30 minutes, and took a little under 20 minutes to drop off at T4. I'd recommend sticking to the HEX train transfer to T1/T3 then back to T4, as time difference won't be much, and you won't have to wait outside (not good in winter months...umm.. about 9 months of the year in London!).

Loved waking in the morning, quick shower, straight down to HEX, short walk from Heathrow central to T3.... from hotel room to check in under 15 minutes, all indoors. Oh, and got to Flagship checkin for AA and they offered me a (better) reroute, so more time at the best lounge in T3, BA F.