FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada told to create nut-free buffer zones
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:43 am
global happy traveller

Originally Posted by phedre
I'd say the bigger issue will be passenger ignorance - the amount of products out there that contain peanuts or peanut by products that you wouldn't expect is, well, extremely high

A snickers bar is an obvious no-no, but what about that bag of plain m&ms? Surprise, those often contain peanuts too. For anyone who lives with a peanut allergy, they'll know to avoid product X because it has "peanut oil" on the label, the rest of us are lucky enough that we don't need to learn the ins and outs of dealing with it. Are we going to need to subject to an inspection of all our food items?

What if you're travelling with your kid and packed a PB&J sandwich for your fussy eater? Will AC provide you an alternative meal free of charge, or does the kid have to go hungry?

While we're on the topic, what about people like me with a shellfish allergy who get absolutely stomach sick at the smell of fish? Can we lose all the seafood dishes from the meals on board to avoid the risk of me puking on my seatmate?
AC would create a buffer when serving seafood on board

what if i bought nuts in my personal belongings..... and not consume them?! Will they get sick?