FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Johannesburg & Cape Town: Best Lounges?
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:58 pm
encierro98

Originally Posted by thijsseh
My understanding still is that the arrivals lounge at JNB is for SA premium passengers and Voyager Gold / Platinum only. It is not a *G or any type of *A lounge so no, arriving on LH F would not get you entry (but please try and tell us if I am wrong!).

There is no regular way back from the Domestic departures area (where the lounges are, upstairs), back to the check-in area (again, AFAIK). Why do you want to go back there, it's a circus. Unless you want to leave the airport alltogether?
I guess more specifically I should ask will my onward flight on SAA domestic F get me access to the welcome lounge? I don't think so but maybe coming from LH F, might increase the chances? I might give it a shot, and let you know. When I changed my destination from PLZ to ELS it unfortunately increased my time in JNB to 5 hours. So I would like to take a quick shower but not be stuck in a lounge for that whole time. The shops and food after security IMO are pretty minimal, and much prefer to go to one of the chains (spur or Ocean basket) on the other side and possibly meet up with mates (although 5 hours is kind of tight to make plan to meet up due to possible delays and customs, but there always is the option.

Thanks for the input, I still have a bit before my travels but will post here if I decide to try to get into the welcome lounge, and it works. How strict are the Lounge attendees, do you think it is possible to sweet talk them or is that a futile effort?