FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Johannesburg & Cape Town: Best Lounges?
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:00 pm
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by encierro98
Thought I would ask this again here as never got a definitive answer. I am flying into JNB on LH F and then have off again 3or 4 hours later to East London on SAA F or business (whatever they call their domestic premium cabin). I know I won’t have access to any of the lounges in the international departures, but was wondering if I would have access to SAA’s welcome lounge or if I am just stuck with the lounges in the domestic terminal. If that is the case, can I go through use the lounge and shower and then exit the security area to get back to the ticketing area.
My understanding still is that the arrivals lounge at JNB is for SA premium passengers and Voyager Gold / Platinum only. It is not a *G or any type of *A lounge so no, arriving on LH F would not get you entry (but please try and tell us if I am wrong!).

There is no regular way back from the Domestic departures area (where the lounges are, upstairs), back to the check-in area (again, AFAIK). Why do you want to go back there, it's a circus. Unless you want to leave the airport alltogether?