FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Mexico City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:39 pm
wizzy

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Probably my final review of the hotel (supposed to be my last trip). This time was upgrade a Fantastic Suite, the type with the big tub rather than a shower. The pros were larger space and more windows. Cons were low floor (single digit, noisy), and I really didn't care for the tub all that much. The shower shot down into the tub, but I kept feeling like I was going to slip and fall each time I get in/out of the tub. The room has a patio, but the door is locked and I guess I needed to call down for them to open (but this wasn't the case on my last visit with a room on 25).

Had my first blip with service this trip, as well. It was minor, but I hadn't eaten dinner and was looking forward to two of the welcome-gift chocolates I had saved (was eating 2/night; 6 total). Got back to find that the tray had disappeared. Well, I had really, been looking forward to those chocolates so called Whatever/Whenever, hoping that they'd be appologetic and rush me up a couple more chocolates. Nope, got "sorry sir, but our policy is to clean the room each day", and then silence. I know that isn't true, as I've saved the chocolates for a few days on other trips. Not a big deal, but left a sour taste in my mouth.

On the flip side, I forgot my toothbrush earlier in the week. Called W/W, and within 5 minutes someone was up with toothbrush, toothpaste, and a big enough bottle of unsolicited mouthwash that it likely wouldn't pass through security.

Also found another walkable area of restaurants. Exit the hotel, walk straight across the street and continue straight down the block. Walk through the park, take a left, and a block down on your right will be 3-4 restaurants. French, a couple of Italian/pizza places, and one other I forget. I asked about safety and the concierge said I'd be fine even though it was dark, and I wasn't the least bit uncomfortable.