FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:08 pm
lhrsfo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
It's strange about the lack of restrooms. There were two versions of the 777 prior to conversion, one with 4 restrooms in the center and one with 3, the extra space being used for a crew elevator to their rest area below. The one with 4 restrooms had the crew rest taking up part of the cabin.

My understanding was that, with the new seating, all 777s would have the crew rest below and none in the cabin. I therefore assumed that the center lavatories would remain the same for aircraft where the rest was already downstairs but that, for others, the fourth restroom would be replaced by an elevator.

However, it seems that the fourth restroom has indeed been replaced, but the third has also been replaced by something else. Does anyone know whether that is the case on all versions? Or what it could possibly be?

On a separate note, I cannot imagine the lines for the restrooms towards the end of a long overnight flight... Truly ghastly.