FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Today was the day...(The Michael Roberts/ExpressJet Story)
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:37 am
star_world
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by doober
Thank you for standing on your principles. As the previous poster stated, our country needs more people like you.
Originally Posted by Spiff
Very big thanks! ^
Excuse me while I throw up a little bit in my mouth for a moment

To the OP - I doubt you'll find any material support from the majority of posters here. The vast majority of this board is highly supportive of the "Opt-Out" approach, which means receiving a manual pat-down instead of going through a WBI device. In fact, it's one of the basic tenets of the TS&S membership league, as you'll see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...t-diamond.html

A serious question - you know the rules, you pass through US airports on a regular basis. It's widely known that if you choose not to pass through a WBI device your alternative is a manual pat-down. Why do you believe that you should be exempt from this? You may disagree with the rules, but that doesn't give you the ability to selectively decide which apply and which don't.

I'm ignoring all of your commentary surrounding the issue and focusing on this key principle. The rules shouldn't apply to you because...?