FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kirkland 22" Carry On (new design)
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:15 pm
SDM44

So I flew with the bag today on an AA 737 flight. Funny because the GA at LAX kept announcing that they were going to be extra strict today on carry on bag sizes, due to a full flight. However, I still went on with the PLT group and didn't get any looks or comments about the bag (it probably helps that I'm tall so the bag doesn't look too big next to me).

As soon as I stuck it into the overhead bin on the DEF side, I took a picture. The bag fits with plenty of room to spare, both ways with wheels out and wheels in (I actually took the bag out to get something and put it back in wheels in first... didn't take a picture since there were lots of people walking through the isle, but it has the same amount of clearance at the bottom of the bin). No problems at all with the bin door closing. Looking at the ABC side, it looked a bit more shallow so I don't think it would have fit on that side.

I'll be flying back on Friday on a 757 and again sitting on the DEF side. If there's nobody behind me, I'll try sticking it into the ABC side first to see how it fits, then into the DEF side and take some more pics.

Sorry for the blurry pic, took it with my iPhone. But you can see there's plenty of clearance of the 22" Kirkland bag in the overhead compartment on the AA 737 planes.