FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems earning M&M miles on ET
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:38 pm
Arnur

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Problems earning M&M miles on ET

Hi folks,

I'm currently based in Juba, Southern Sudan, and have discovered that by far the cheapest and in some ways most convenient way to travel between my duty station and Germany is to go on ET. I'm traveling every six to eight weeks and obviously I'm keen to collect miles, preferably with M&M rather than with ET's own Sheba Miles program. So far, even though I have dutifully added my M&M number to the reservation and also keep showing the card at check-in (which at least in Frankfurt is now handled by LH staff), the miles have never posted automatically, so I've gotten used to mailing the boarding passes etc.

However, when I checked my account statement today, I've noted a new problem. My ticket JUB - ADD - FRA - ADD - JUB is booked in "L" class, which according to the M&M website should get me 100% of the distance miles. However, my account statement only shows 1,662 miles for the longer sectors and 500 miles for the shorter ones. It seems to me that M&M has only given me 50% of the distance miles. This has never happened to me before and I wonder what I'm supposed to do to rectify this.

To make matters more complicated, I bought an upgrade to business class on my return flight from FRA to ADD. ET still offers space available upgrades at check-in for 300 Euro, which I consider worthwhile for the night flight. I did send M&M the printout from ET showing that I had been re-booked into "C" class and that I had actually paid for that upgrade. Nevertheless, M&M has also only given me 50% of the distance miles for that flight.

What would you suggest? Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Arnur; Oct 18, 2010 at 3:39 pm