FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "THANKS Concierge!" thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:02 pm
okazon69

Thumbs up YVR concierges - thank you!

Upon noting that AC57 was going to be at least three hours delayed, and hence our flight AC58 from OGG to YVR would also leave much later than planned, I got a call from the YVR concierge to inform me of this fact, and to let me know that we had been re-booked onto a later connecting flight from YVR to YUL. This let us spend a bit more time enjoying Maui rather than sitting at the airport.

When we finally did get to YVR over four hours late, at 10:45, the concierge was waiting at the gate with a cart and drove us to customs (the cart even went in the elevator) in record time. She thought we had no checked luggage, and was actually going to get us to our 11:15 flight to YUL. (Unfortunately, we did in fact have luggage, which the concierge couldn't know about as OGG was doing everything manually for our departure due to a computer glitch.) Finally, she managed to get us home with minimal delay, even booking a 37-minute (!) connection in YYZ, so all was well in the end.

A big thank you from this newly minted first-time AC*SE to the concierges in YVR for their amazing service!