FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amarillo woman sues TSA for 2008 public-view (non virtual) strip search
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:31 am
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Criminal prosecution is too good for these folks. But it will not happen now that the virtual strip-search is legitimized.

This in particular caught my eye:
The suit also claims that other TSA employees continued to joke and laugh about the incident for an extended period of time.
Aside from the Negrin case, we've barely scratched the surface on the catcalls, joking, laughing, and talking about it that TSA screeners will engage in with the virtual strip-searches. Stuff like this makes those screeners (and propagandists) that say "privacy will be assured" and "procedures are in place" look like liars.

I've long said that it'll take lawsuits to spur change. While TSA will hide the facts behind "SSI" to try and keep embarrassing stuff from coming out, the more this happens the greater the chance that it WILL come out. SSI, like real classification, is NEVER supposed to be used to hid potentially embarrassing data. I'm not sure TSA understands that.