FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crew Bags in Overhead - Gate Lice
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:28 am
ProudEdmontonian

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Oh please. Just stop. Nobody is "disregarding the paying customer". No matter where the crew puts their bags somebody may have been able to use that space for their own bag. In this case, I guess it's going to be you. Overhead bin space is shared space and it is limited. Just because there is a bin directly over your seat doesn't mean it's necessarily yours and there is no promise of overhead space at all. Crew have no other options. They often use the closet if it's available but that space is designated first for any wheelchairs that come on board, then for the pilots and then for customer bags as needed. It's not always available for the crew. In order to provide some security for the working crew and their belongings, there is ONE lockable bin at the back of the airplane in which they are allowed to stow their items. THERE IS NO OTHER SPACE. You can certainly put your items under the seat in front of you if they are that important but FA's do not have that option. Not everything on the plane is meant for passenger use - the one lockable bin for the crew is not yours.
I can make any comment I want. Too bad it doesn't fit with your belief system.

If baggage fees are the norm then a solution ought to be found. Why aren't FA bags gate-checked and brought up immediately for example?

Last edited by ProudEdmontonian; Oct 10, 2010 at 7:34 am