FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crew Bags in Overhead - Gate Lice
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:38 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by golfingboy
That guy is an A$$hol* and I would have politely requested the FA or the GA come onboard and retcify this situation if I was in the same cabin. I don't give a flying rat's ... if that guy is a "silver diamond" [which does not exist ] and nobody has the right to demean the AS staff and their crew members like this. I know the crew members has to be cordial and friendly, but we don't have to

It will make things easier sometimes if we, as passenger, who CAN be more blunt to our fellow passengers and request the FA/GA to take care of this matter. So the crew can say "he is right, every passenger can only bring two carry-ons onboard, so we will gate check your two roll-ons". So the so-called "silver diamond" will be angry with me and I won't care so it is a win-win situation for everybody and the airline.
uh yeah I most likely wouldve said something to both him and the GA. Probably a DL silver and added the diamond part to sound cool and bad a$$. What I get a lot is when Im in the F/Elite line snobby better than thou people attempt to go past me. I probably dont look the part of their perceived idea of what an elite or FC passenger looks like in their mind. I just politely go right back around them. Had one lady say excuse me Im a gold member and tried to go around me. I said oh thats nice....so am I and stepped back in front of her. She muttered something and then sighed loudly and for some reason went and sat down. Later as Im in 2D it was even better watching her board, I smiled at her and when she was beside me looked at the guy in 2F and said man Im glad I got upgraded on this 5 hour flight. As she headed back to Y somewhere.