FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Tianjin, China [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:13 pm
Sphinx

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
I am currently at the Westin Tianjin. It is a fabulous property. Despite high occupancy, I got an excellent upgrade to a renewal suite (80 sq meters). Platinum members are given the choice of having breakfast at the lobby coffee shop or the club loung (which closes on weekends). The welcome gift consisted of a fruit basket - but no wine/chocolate/mineral water... Noise from the street can be a problem at night, even at high floors. Otherwise I have nothing but good experiences to report during this stay - the staff has been fabulous, the decor very nice, F&B outlets excellent.

Originally Posted by SometimesFlyer
(I could not find any other threads with a review of this recently-opened property so here's my contribution. Mods, if I'm in error, please pardon my rudimentary search skills.)

Modern blue/green steel and glass building, centrally located in downtown Tianjin. Easy taxi ride to any location within the city. About 35-45 mins from the Tianjin airport. About 15-20 mins from the rail station for the Tianjin-Beijing highspeed trains (350kmh!

Round the corner is the "5 historical streets" area of Tianjin where there is a large collection of nicely preserved historical buildings/architecture. Great for wondering around in the evenings. Apparently these homes/buildings were put up by the various foreign occupying forces at some point in China's history.

Lobby is large and spacious. Bright and airy feel. Upgraded to a high floor deluxe room with full length windows. I think they all do. Modern decor, light color scheme. Generally typical of recent Westins. Bathroom standard amenities, rainforest shower head. Sink area is minimalist, black/dark counters if I recall correctly.

Note that while hotel address is "Nanjing Rd", the lobby does not immediately face the road. Also, the hotel is quite new and not every cab driver knows where it is.

All in all, positive stay experience. Been in and out of so many westins that this one feels just like another one of them which is a big plus in my book.