FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Booking 2 RTW business class tix on QF points
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:41 pm
blackmagic79

Programs: QF, OW
Help! Booking 2 RTW business class tix on QF points

Hi!

As the title suggests, I'm trying to book 2 One World RTW tickets in business class on Qantas points. I figure that for 280,000 per person, these tickets are really good value (5 stops, 35,000 miles I think).

I'm even able to book 11 months in advance (in the hope that availability in business class will be better).

I am happy to pay the extra telephone booking fee as it's pretty difficult to match everything up online, but the problem I've got is that whilst I can see plenty of single seat business class availability for July/August/September 2011 on MEL-LHR and LAX-MEL (my 2 key segments), but NOTHING has 2 seats available? (Some dates have multiple premium economy and first class seats, but never business!!)

Is this because:
- these flights only have single seats available ever (I'm hoping not!)?
- Qantas only progressively releases FF seats in business class one at a time (so I might need to book one now and keep checking for further releases to book the second?)
- Qantas will release multiple seats in business class closer to the date (so I just need to keep checking until 2 become available)?
- it's just because July/August/Sep are really busy and October will have more seats from the outset?
- some other mystical magical reason?

I called Qantas and they confirmed they could only see single seat availability and couldn't give me any info about why this was or when more seats might be released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Cheers
Michael