FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (List?) hotels with variable point redemption rates
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:48 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
The regular redemption rate at the Rodeway in Rohnert Park is 8,000 points. When I tried to reserve with points a day ahead, it was 11,000.

I did not know that redemption rates varied. But if this is common, then this thread is moot, of course.
It is common in some areas, less common in others. I've run into with multiple hotels in Monterey CA and with multiple hotels in London UK, for example.

But are you sure it's because "days ahead"? It usually is based on a calendar, but it can change at whatever times the hotel wants, so it may have changed Sep 15, or be changing Oct 1, etc. Somewhere in the hotel listing you can find a near-term calendar which tends to cover at least the next half year or so usually. (Of course, they could change their minds I guess, but it seems most hotels with variable rates know ahead of time when they're going to change the rates, because of recurring seasonal patterns in their business I presume.)