FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel voucher use affects DFW-NRT upgrade request???
Old Aug 27, 2003, 8:54 am
millionmiler

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Plato90s:
While I'm not sure about the discount thing, I can tell you the multiple AA agents on multiple dates have told me it makes no difference whether I use miles or VIP03's. In fact, airport agents prefer to process VIPOW/VIP03 upgrades because it doesn't require the ticket to be re-issued. Much eaiser to do.</font>

I can also cite the opposite - told this twice at CDG this year, once at SJC this year, twice at LHR this year, once at SCL this year. In two of those cases I switched from VIP03s to miles and went from no upgrade to upgrade (i.e., it worked). Before this year I don't recall asking. I started asking this year sparked by a conversation with the AC agent at CDG mid January. She even let me walk around the desk and read the file on her screen.

I can believe that other people have been told other things, but my history on this issue is enough to convince me. If I'm wrong somehow or if they have recently changed the policy I appologize.

[This message has been edited by millionmiler (edited 08-27-2003).]