View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 03, 1:10 am
CMK10
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I think I am going to jump in on this with my observations, I have 25 segments equalling at just over 41K miles with AA.
- Cabins are sometimes dirty but I've noticed that its often on flights that are in the middle of a stop-over like my STL-PHX flight yesterday which was actully DTW-STL-PHX, they just dont have the time to clean them too fully.
- I disagree with LGA being bad in the F/Elite lines in the morning, Ive been there at 5:30, 7:30 and 8 and I was either the second person in line or the third, never any delay at all.
- In flight personal are just nothing short of amazing, I've only had two I didn't really like and they were coming off multiple RJ hops on the day. I can't say the same for check in agents, the ones at LGA are particulary bad, prone to snapping fits and angry sighs. Gate agents are on the most part ok, except the ICT ones who thought it was a gas to make noise with the microphone.
- IFE on the planes isn't the best but it gives me a chance to catch up on my reading and if you want to watch a movie on the 757, 10A isn't too bad for the screen, the EX-TWA ones have drop down screens which are excellent.
- Admirals Clubs although strapped for food have great staff and are still much better then sitting in the C concourse at LGA or the B pier in STL
- Meals up in First/Buisness have been consistantly good minus the Chicken Salad Sandwich but what I find odd is why is that my STL-PHX MD-80 has a better dessert (Ice cream sundae) then my Buisness Class 777 JFK-NRT (Cheesecake) or my Business Class 762 JFK-LAX (Scoop of ice cream) that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.
- The best and the worst as far as the American Facilities at major airports are.
Worst Hub - DFW, too lagre, not enough concessiosn and no **** windows.
Worst Focus City - JFK, I feel sorry for New York visitors as their first view is of a dump
Worst Other Site - RDU, the AA terminal does not have a single major chain store/resturant, that should tell you something.
Best Hub - ORD, Great Admirals Club, lots of natural light, clean, well Air Conditioned
Best Focus City - LAX, Nicely refurbished Terminal with a new Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge to boot.
Besst Other Site- DCA, nice terminal with good food choices both before and after security and quite comfortable airport chairs with my favorite small AC.
The End

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
Running for Talkboard, All votes appreciated