FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:55 am
tzoom84

Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I had the "pending review" message last week when I applied. I called in right away and the rep told me it was declined for too many inquiries and cards currently open. I got the MP select card earlier this year. At the end I got this 1Pass+ after I agreed with cancellation of one of my other chase cards and decrease of my credit line. There is tradeoff.
Nelumbo: Per your suggestion, I did exactly this for both my wife's application and my application. So just for two more data points, SUCCESS for both of us! We were in the same situation as you. We both had United MP visa cards from May. They said we needed to close those to open this, no credit line change (just direct transfer), and we accepted.

Also, for those who plan on calling them. The direct number to their lending department to discuss denial is 1-888-609-7805. If you call the main CSR line, they will give you false information claiming that such department doesn't exist and that you must wait for a letter, etc, etc.

Now that makes me wonder if these days one can only ever have one Chase credit card of ANY kind (for every ~6 months) based on these experiences. That'd be a shame since the MAJORITY of the credit card offers right now are through Chase.