FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dollar running credit checks for thrifty rentals on debit cards-info wanted
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:46 pm
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by jackal
Then that is the fault of your executive assistant. Your executive assistant would have access to the terms and conditions of the booking from whichever method she booked it. If she booked via a third-party travel agency, then she could have clicked to view the terms and conditions on the final booking page. If she booked it herself over a dedicated GDS terminal, she could have typed a command to view and print the terms and conditions. If she booked it directly at thrifty.com, not only could she have clicked to expand the terms and conditions on the first page after inputting the city and dates, it would have been printed out directly on the reservation confirmation page.
It was booked over the phone, and I still have nothing from El Paso noting the policy, which was what was directly stated to me over the phone.

The fault is with your executive assistant not using the tools she has at her fingertips, not with Thrifty for not providing them.
Reading seems to be a problem here. Who noted "fault". I was told something by an agent of said company- I still have no proof a "sign" exists in El Paso, and the agent never mentioned anything. A reg. letter went out to them today so I shall see what happens. As happens on this normally valuable board sometimes, we can't find an answer.

Interesting, given that the maximum is 850.
Negative, you are refering to an old FICO score, which is different from a complete risk credit score, at least in the banking and finance industry I was in. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. FICO comes from 3 agencies, normal credit is based off of at least 9, sometimes more. Some go to 900, otherse 990.

Ciao,
FH