FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Automatic Upgrades (elite) [MASTER THREAD]
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:52 pm
TiredOfTooMuchTravel
Suspended

Originally Posted by jfunk138
And therein lies the problem. If you receive neither an upgrade nor an email indicating a failed upgrade you have no way of knowing whether the gnome was actually working on your reservation.

I also think we'll find out if your suggestion number 2 above is the issue as I've got a portion of the return flight on Sunday afternoon 2034 DCA-BOS, which I expect to be pretty empty up front. If I have to call for that one as well (I'll make sure to give the second sweep full time to run), it might definitely indicated a problem with the reservation.
A few other things to consider or check on.

1) Make sure your email is on your DM account. Also make sure you are "opted in" to receive all emails. As well as make sure emails arent getting caught up in spam filter or folder.

2) If you happen to be up late the evening before the upgrade window opens, I'd check the availability then. Then check it again in the morning. If the availability is there and it still is in the morning, and you haven't been upgraded then there most likely is an issue. I tend to think there may be a reservation issue as the agents are generally allowed to do manual upgrades unless there is some sort of problem.