FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:28 am
taipeiflyer

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by ramalama8
I see where you're coming from, but the way that SPG has worded the platinum benefits, they create the expectation that if an upgradeable suite is available, it will be given. If reality is as you state above, SPG needs to reword it's policy to include the expectation of being able to sell the room. But of course, that would drive people away in droves which is why they don't.

You bring up the customer's expectations. As a consultant, a large portion of my job is managing expectations, as I imagine might be the case in many industries. Seems SPG could use some of those consulting skills...
ramalama8- i think you have misread me... i am in full agreement with what you are advocating. if an upgradeable suite is available, IT SHOULD BE GIVEN!!! not some nebulous world where, "oh, we might sell the room." that is just more BS on top of the BS they are already feeding us. spg used to be the best- they have fallen hard. eventually, like singapore air, they will learn that p**sing off their best customers will come back to bite them hard.