FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Weekly Web Fare Specials --> Are they for real?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:58 am
grow722

Question Delta Weekly Web Fare Specials --> Are they for real?

Good afternoon!

The title says it all. I'm a true red & blue Delta fan, medallion status and all. In fact one of my family members is a 35 year Delta veteran. OK, now that I've established my expert witness criteria...

I get these lovely e-mail from Delta. Hey...come fly from Atlanta to ??? for $ each way. It even gives me a drop down box for the number of passengers and the inviting "GO" button. Could it be any easier?!

Aux contrare...

I've been checking out these special for years and I can't recall once when I've clicked on the inviting "GO" button and been taken to the page where the fare is at the bargain price. So, yesterday, I decided to call Delta and say "what's up?!"

The lovely young lady informed me there are only a limited number of seats at that fare. However, one can never find them. I asked when these weekly specials were published (so as to get a jump on the booking) and she informed me that it could be at any moment during the week. Doh!

So, my question to the masses (if you fly Delta) is...

Have anyone ever actually seen a published fare as advertised on the weekly web fare specials? Or, is this just a hook to get you to a place where they can offer you another fare that you might take them up on? I'm not saying it is, but just asking.

Again, I love Delta. But I get frustrated when I don't get what I want...LOL.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Have a wonderful day and remember when traveling to...BE FLEXIBLE! You fit into the seat better that way!

grow722