FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:55 am
taipeiflyer

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by FD1971
Of course, it gets people worked up..., but expecting 'reality' probably helps them to cool down again...

Do you honestly believe the marketing blabla of a multinational co-operation based in the US in the year 2010?

Expect the guaranteed perks...and complain if they were not granted, however never ever expect to get something for free which could have been sold ten minutes later...
sorry, but i dont agree with your take at all. available suite upgrades ARE A GUARANTEED PERK! if they want to give their properties more leeway, than dont say GUARANTEED!!! or do like hyatt, and offer suite upgrade vouchers. at first, i thought hyatts system was stupid, but considering how evasive SPG properties are (especally the cat 5-6 properties), i have come to believe that hyatt's system is better. it helps manage expectations, and prevents properties from giving the runaround. but dont say it is a guaranteed perk EXCEPT if we expect to sell the room later, because that will just give the properties another opportunity to deny a GUARANTEED PERK of spg platinum.